Product description, features & benefits:
The ORIGINAL...copied by many, equaled by none. Our Urban Trail Adjustable Harness, aka Half-Back, Shorty or Shoulder Harness. CUSTOM FIT means that each harness is cut & sewn to order to your dog's exact measurements and specifications that you provide, ensuring a comfortable like-a-glove fit for your best friend.
A versatile harness for mushing and a variety of other dog activities such as scootering, bikejoring, roller blading, canicross, skijoring, tracking, hiking, and is second to none for comfort and safety for everyday use. The harness is fully padded everywhere that touches your dog, even under the buckles and on the adjustment strap. Optional lightweight nylon pack cloth covering is available - retain all the benefits of the fleece padding, without the hair, burrs, and debris that sticks to it!
The fit of a CUSTOM FIT Harness will only be as good as the measurements taken and provided to our seamstresses!
If you have any questions or require assistance, please do not hesitate to email or call us and we will walk you through the measurement process!
Please include a valid phone number in your customer profile and check your email (including spam) in the event we have questions regarding your dog's measurements. Thank you!
- Adjustable at the neck and girth.
- Neck and girth will adjust one inch smaller and extend five inches larger than the sizes submitted.
- Pulling pressure is on dog's chest, not neck and shoulder and eliminates downward pressure on dog's hindquarters. Rotates freely around dog's girth, thereby helping to reduce 'crabbing.
- Standard d-ring at the girth is welded and nickel-plated. Strong and durable.
- Polartec Fleece Padding - comfortable, lightweight, and durable. The harness is padded everywhere that touches your dog, even under the buckles and on the adjustment straps
- Say NO to chafing! By design, the harness girth sits right behind, not on, the front legs, greatly reducing any chance of chafing.
- "Big Dog" Wienerlock® Buckles - U.S. military-grade, made in the USA, strong and durable
- Embroidered ID: Either your dog's name or phone number (maximum of 12 spaces) added to the harness for FREE.
OPTIONAL PRODUCT UPGRADESReflective Bands: 3M Reflective Bands for great nighttime visibility
Extra D-Rings: Tough, durable, corrosion-resistant, nickel-plated, welded steel D-Ring comes standard at the girth of the harness. Side D-Rings are optional for use with biking with the Walky Dog or Springer. Front D-Ring for training and additional control and to discourage hard pulling
Veterinarian Recommended! Best harness design for being non-restrictive and non-choking - Dog World Magazine
This harness extends only partway down the back to accommodate the steeper pull angle associated with biking and scootering.
What happens if a completed and received harness does not fit right? For Custom Fit Harnesses, if it is a mistake that we made, i.e. we cut it short or long vs. the measurements provided to us, then of course we will make you a new one free of charge and expedite it to you. If it is a measurement error or your part, then for one time only for each specific dog, we will make a new one for you at half price plus shipping.
Regarding Lead Time for CUSTOM FIT Harnesses: Production times will vary in and out of season due to demand. Delivery times vary becasue orders come in unevenly, 60 harnesses one week and 150 the next. There are a limited number of custom harness sewers available; however, we do have several and we have the best! For our CUSTOM FIT Harnesses, depending on the time of the year, the lead time is 4 - 6 weeks during off-season and 6 - 10 weeks during season. In most cases you will receive your harness in the middle of that range, but it may take as long as the outside of that range. CAN'T WAIT for a Custom Fit Harness? Although they are worth the wait, if you do not want to or cannot wait, please consider our Ready-To-Go Urban Trail (Half-Back/Shorty) Harness. It is constructed using the exact same signature design as our Custom Urban Trail Harness, and comes in 4 standard sizes, with each being adjustable at the Neck and Girth, and are in-stock and ready for fast shipment!
Please see our Terms and Conditions under our Sales and Refund Policy to address our custom harness remake policy - it might take a second try to get the right fit, but once you have the right fit, no other harness is comparable.
More information about Polartec Fleece:
- Polartec Fleece provides unequaled padding and comfort, and does so for years.
- Polartec Fleece is moisture resistant, with only 1% it's weight in water retention.
- Polartec Fleece is temperature neutral.
- Polartec Fleece is lightweight.
- Polartec Fleece is environmentally responsible, made from recycled plastic bottles.