Product description, features & benefits:
Whether you are training a working team for pleasure, sprint or long-distance races, wilderness travel, or mushing tours for tourists, this book has all the answers you need.
Based on decades of personal experience and tens of thousands of miles on the runners, plus interviews with top experts, Miki and Julie Collins tell you how to:
- Select and care for your dogs
- Get the most out of every dog
- Choose appropriate gear for the job
- Recognize and correct problems, from medical to psychological
- Handle a wide range of conditions
- Prepare for various events, from races to extended wilderness trips
- Earn money with your team
Includes the latest information on equipment and training.